There’s nothing that most of us love more than eating out. You don’t have to worry about pleasing everyone by perhaps having to cook a variety of meals and best of all you can sit back, relax, enjoying great food, and someone else will even do the washing up. Then again, perhaps you are a weary business traveler in a strange part of town and you simply want to find somewhere great to eat in the hope of making you feel satisfied and full. Well, it just so happens that 10 of Canada’s top food critics have got together and created a fantastic iPhone app which will provide you with a list of restaurants in downtown Canada, and all with reviews from the experts.
Eat Canada: Dining in Downtown Canada
The app provides recommendations on 200 restaurants across 11 different cities in Canada. The app is specifically aimed at the business traveler, but in reality in can be used by anyone looking for a great place to eat. This is the ideal opportunity to find a great location for a business lunch, dinner with a client, simply for a private function, or after work drinks. This is first ever restaurant app written by food critics in Canada, so you really have a lot to take advantage of here.
The app will cover 11 of Canada’s major cities, including Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Regina, Halifax, Montreal, Saskatoon, St. John’s, Toronto, Winnipeg and Vancouver. Each critic has personally reviewed 20 different spots in their own town, typically 15 restaurants and 5 places to enjoy a beverage. This provides you with a total of 200 expertly reviewed places to eat in downtown Canada.
The reviews will cover a wide variety of features of the restaurants, including the style of cuisine, the price range, the hours of business, the noise levels, whether there were any private rooms available, whether they accepted credit cards and which kind, if outdoor dining was available and the different beverages on offer. The app also provides interactive GPS help and will provide full directions from your current location to a favored restaurant.
– You can read restaurant reviews from 10 of Canada’s top food critics. The reviews will not only cover the food and drink, but a variety of other factors that are typically important when eating out.
– You have the ability to sort through restaurants based on their prices or their distance from you.
– You can make reservations directly from the app or simply phone the restaurant with the telephone numbers provided.
– You can locate restaurants through a map and will receive directions from your current location.
– You can keep a record of the restaurants you’ve visited with your own reviews and also save the best ones to a “Favorites” menu.
The “Eat Canada” app can be found in the “Food & Drink” category of iTunes and will cost $9.99 to purchase and download. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and will require an operating system of iOS 5.0 or later. The app has also been fully optimized for iPhone 5 and it is rated as 12+, as there are frequent references to alcohol.